So on Saturday I was reeled into auditioning by Shannon for The Price Is Right. There I was in line at 8am on Saturday morning along with all the other nutties! The auditions started at 9am. We were given a number I was given #26! We were all herded into this area where there were chairs set up and a stage. The MC gets up and tells us that the person they are looking for needs to show ENTHUSIASM and cheerfulness. YIKES! I can be enthusiastic and cheerful but can I do it on stage and infront of a crowd!!??? NO WAY! I am in Toastmasters for a reason! I tell Shannon "I can't do this" she goes "STEP OUTSIDE THE BOX" ......and so I was not looking forward to this....my number was coming up. Once I signed my name I was committed, I was a bit nervous but I got over it once my number came up. I semi-run up on stage waving my hands up in the air, I see Shannon so it was a sigh of relief to see her friendly face. The MC asks me "So why do you want to be on The Price Is Right?" I said "To win prizes!" He goes "What do you want to win?" I said "A CAR" he asked me in which game.....GRR I DREW A BLANK so I said "In the showcase showdown".......he goes "Oh so you just want to get to the end" I nodded and that ended the audition.
After that I stood around to watch the other auditions and gosh they were so entertaining! I laughed so much. In between the auditions they were giving out t-shirts and GOSH I sure did want one. He was giving them away by shouting out a random number between 1-150.....I was standing on the sidelines shouting as loud as i could "TWENTY SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!" EVERY TIME.....and no luck. Finally, I gave up and decided that I needed to go home. I gave my number to Shannon and was calling Matt to let him know that I was coming home. THEN the guy goes "I'm going to give a t-shirt away"......I asked Matt to hold on a second.....the MC goes I'm going to give away to the person that has the number to this highway "121!!!" the audience all shouted back "NO!!! the number has already been called" so he then goes "Well how about this highway over here and he points at the highway" I SHOUT! "TWENTY SIX!!!! TWENTY SIX" He goes "THIS highway? are you sure?" I said "YES!!! TWENTY SIX!!!!!" I'm not too sure what else he said Matt could probably remind me because he was listening to all this even though he had NO idea what was going on. I kept telling him this highway is TWENTY SIX!!!!! Finally he goes "OKAY NUMBER TWENTY SIX!" SO I jumped with joy and got my t-shirt!!!!!! IT was soooo funny!
In between all this the MC had asked us all to stand infront of the stage at one point and shout out at the count of 3 "WE LOVE THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!" so we did and I saw myself on CBS 11 news! We shouted and then jumped with joy!
I go home and later find out that 15 minutes AFTER I left Jack FM drew my name for two Brett Michaels concert tickets, BUT had to be present to win! BOOO!
This was SO much fun! We're definitely doing it again next year! Yay US!! ~Shannon
ReplyDelete