About 1 month ago I was at church and during the announcements see that the group going to Reynosa, Mexico had an ad in search of a "Female Spanish Translator." After the announcements I ask Pastor John who I'd need to talk regarding the "ad." He said "ME." We talked about it and I told him that I'd have to discuss it with Matt. Matt said he would be okay with me going (he was going to be with Amelia all alone all week). I left for Mexico on July 25th and got back on the 31st.
We arrived at Camp Vamonos http://www.vamonos.org/ on Sunday night. The camp was soooo pretty! The people that ran it were so great and the food for the week was authentic Mexican cuisine! It was great! No tv and no wifi. The entire trip was great! I was the translator for the women's bible study group and the eye doctor. Working with the eye doctor was really fun because I immediately saw how the people were being helped with simple fixes such as reading glasses. In all here is what our group did: vacation bible school for the kids, sports team (to reach out to the teens), work team (for the building of the porch and the pouring of the foundation for house #10), women's bible study, children's daycare for women in bible study and the medical team (a general doctor and the eye doctor).
I laughed so much throughout the week! I think we all came back to the U.S. with interesting stories to tell. I know I did! Glad to be back with Matt, Amelia and Millie! I missed them! I managed to talk to Matt everyday of the week so that was good because I was thinking I wasn't going to have access to a U.S. tower but I was able to find them!
FYI I added all the pics from the trip to my shutterfly shared account on the lefthand side of this page.
No comments:
Post a Comment