Saturday, September 19, 2009

Turn Baby Turn!

As many of you may already know our baby is currently breech and we've known this since August 27th. It has been pretty upsetting to me but I'm coping with this whole situation.

We've tried everything we've been told in hopes to turn the baby, but without luck. Yesterday I had an ECV (external cephalic version) done at the hospital. The whole procedure and hospital "stay" lasted approximately 4 hours. I saw a video on-line of an ECV but what I experienced was FAR from what I saw. The procedure was very painful to say the least. I am still pretty sore from this.

Matt said that it looked as if the drs were kneading my belly, he said it looked as if it were dough. He saw the baby turn horizontally at one point but baby fell back into its original spot. The drs tried 4 different times without any luck.

I am continuing the chiropractor care, ironing board technique and the pelvic rocks. I've now added something new, warm baths + ice pack on my baby's head.

Here is what I've tried:
  • Swimming with dolphin dives
  • Music at the bottom of my belly
  • Ice pack on top of my belly
  • Moxibustion (form of acupuncture)
  • Ironing board technique
  • Pelvic rocks
  • ECV
  • Warm Baths + ice pack
  • Webster's Technique (Chiropractic technique)
Surgery has been scheduled for September 29th, yes I'm still bummed about this but all I can say is that I have TRULY tried to avoid the surgery.

My baby is just comfy in this spot and doesn't want to move.

1 comment:

  1. Becky,
    I had no idea. Amidst everything that I have had going on in my life, I have failed to know about this recent update with the baby. I am so sorry! I know it is disheartening! I am praying for you and that your surgery will be a success. You and Matt are going to be GREAT parents! If you have a GIRL---I have TONS of clothes saved for you. I figure you will be up sometime to visit the grandparents so I would love to get them to you if that's the case---waiting to see him/her! Take care and I love you both----Janna

    ReplyDelete